Sunday, 9 August 2015

Black & Blue


Wearing: Max Volmàry blouse (similar here), H&M shorts (similar here) and trainers (similar here), Pull&Bear sunglasses (similar here)

A fashion myth that has always bugged me is that black and blue don't go together. Frankly, it's one of the biggest lies I have ever heard- it's absolute nonsense. Personally, it's one of my favourite colour combinations. And this doesn't apply to just one specific shade of blue with black, but to all shades of blue with black. It works especially well when you're trying to put together an outfit that's meant to look casual, but that you could still wear to go around town in- especially if the blue is sported in the form of a blouse. This particular chemise has the perfect fit- flowy yet still tight in the right places. And perfect for tieing up. 

I've spent the past few blissful weeks of summer in the French countryside, sitting at the pool, sipping on virgin mojitos and catching up on my reading. I don't tend to leave the property at all during the day (I mean, why the extra effort?) but when ligh such as this one comes around you need to take advantage of it. 
The perfect golden light to capture the perfect black & blue.







11 comments:

  1. amazing post, kisses!

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you styled the top with the shorts! It's such a casually chic outfit :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's exactly what I was going for! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Really nice and laid-back outfit!

    xo,
    priceless-ambition.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- it's perfect for lazy days haha :) x

      Delete
  4. What a cute casual look. Perfect for the French countryside! Sounds like an amazing summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) it has been! Hope yours has too! Xx

      Delete